There are two good reasons to take the heavy ascent to the Festkogl: the overwhelming panorama of the summit and the serpentine-rich trail back into the valley.
Distance 13.6 km
Highest point2,890 m
Lowest point1,906 m
From Obergurgl you follow the ascent to the Schönwies- and Langtalereck hut. At an altitude of 2075 meters, the further path branches off to the left to the Festkogl. During the next 60 minutes, there is hardly a breather on the equally steep gravel road. Nevertheless, well-trained bikers will have an eye for the ever-increasing imposing panorama. From the mountain station of the cable car it is necessary to mobilize the forces for the last upturn. A few hundred heights, then it is done. At the end of the path, at 2680 meters, the view of the three thousand-meter-high mountains for the troubles compensates. A last check of the brakes - And off you go on the fast descent.
Take enough liquid with you on the tour, the restaurant at the end of the route is closed in summer.
Update: February 01, 2019
Tips and hintsMore details about biking & cycling in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/biken
32T 654516 5192800
EquipmentAppropriate Equipment Rules! We strongly recommend to wear protective bike gear (knee and elbow pads, helmet, back protector, ...) on all lines, trails, enduro tracks and mountain bike routes within the BIKE REPUBLIC SÖLDEN. Enter the Republic only with a bike that meets current quality standards.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view