The second stage of the Ötztal Cycling Path (52 km) starts in Oetz and ends in Umhausen. 10 km long and one, two ascents are waiting for you. It's worth it! This stage passes by hidden places and small villages.
Distance 7.8 km
At the end of Oetz you continue along the Ötztal federal road. Just before Tumpen you conquer a strenuous ascent. The cycle path changes from asphalt to gravel (in the second turn) and takes you through a small forest to Tumpen. Here the cycle path changes to the eastern side of the valley, following a quite easy ascent past Engelswand rock face and towards Umhausen.
We strongly recommend to follow the route of the Ötztal Cycle Trail, otherwise you have to follow longer stretches on the busy Ötztal federal road.
Update: June 15, 2021
Safety informationThe Ötztal Cycle Trail features some demanding ascents and is suitable for bikers in a good physical shape.
The cycle path crisscrosses the Ötztal federal road several times.
Tips and hintsMore details about biking & cycling in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/biken
Getting thereOetz is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Oetz:
- Parking Acherkogelbahn - free for guests of the gondola lift, camping prohibited
- Parking lot Raftingeinsteinstelle (at the end of Oetz on the right side) - free, but limited parking (alternatively Acherkogelbahn 150 m), camping prohibited
- Oetz parking area (subject to a charge)
- Parking at night during several days' tours: Central parking place Oetz, The ticket is available at the information office Oetz.
32T 643734 5229361
EquipmentAppropriate Equipment Rules! We strongly recommend to wear protective bike gear on all Cycle & Mountain Bike Routes within Ötztal Valley. Always take enough water with you!
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view