CAR PARK LEHEN->Hemerach hut->Hemerkogel->Grastalsee->Grastal->CAR PARK SENNHOF (next to the Information)
Distance 12.3 km
Highest point2,732 m
Lowest point1,541 m
The hiking starts by the parking space Lehen (footballground) in Niederthai. From there you walk in the direction to "Wiesle", but than you walk to the "untere und obere Hemerach hut". You pass the huts and walk to the Hemerkogel. On the top you have a amazing view. If you want to walk the same way back or the the grastal lake. From there you walk through the valley back to Niederthai.
Safety informationFor experienced mountaineers that are free from vertigo & surefooted, very good physical condition, mountain experience & mountain equipment (see notice equipment) necessary, such as alpine security material, good weather conditions recommended.
Please pay attention to the current weather report: https://www.oetztal.com/en/summer.html.
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Niederthai:
- parking space Lehen, free of charge
32T 649135 5220472
Book recommendation by the author
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view