UMHAUSEN -> car park "Mure" -> district Neudorf -> Fundus bridge -> crossroads Fundustal/Leierstal -> Vordere Leierstalalm -> Erlanger Hütte -> WEATHER LAKE
Distance 10.6 km
Highest point2,557 m
Lowest point980 m
From the car park "Mure" in Umhausen you walk comfortably through the district Neudorf. After crossing the Fundus bridge, follow the wide forest path to the crossroads Fundustal (left) and Leierstal (right). There you follow the path to the right until you reach the Vordere Leierstalalm (not managed). From there you hike on a cart track slightly uphill to the material cable car, continue on the trail no. 913 in a constant slope to the already visible, but only apparently close Erlanger hut. The deep dark Weather lake is only five minutes away from the hut. The lake is a jewel among the mountain lakes. On a newly created path, this can be circled comfortably in one hour. The descent is on the ascent route. A journey or pick up to/from the Vorderer Leierstalalm with the hut taxi is possible.
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Umhausen the following parking facilities are available:
- car park Mure | free
- car park Bischoffsplatz | costs: € 5.00 per day
from 07:00 am - 18:30 pm
32T 646181 5222558
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is not hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view