OBERGURGL -> PILLERSEE
Distance 4.3 km
Highest point1,800 m
Lowest point1,785 m
From the Festkogl mountain gondola across Ferwallbrücke bridge on a slightly descending trail past Alpine rose fields to the hamlet of Königsrain. Cross the road shortly before you reach the hamlet and take the path leading down to the Ötztaler Ache mountain brook, Königsbach brooklet and the old mill. Cross the federal road on the climbing trail to the right, proceed to the old farmhouse opposite. A shady trail without much change in elevation travels, on the right side of the valley, above the hamlet of Angern and Pill to romantic lake Pillersee.
The lake Pillersee is privately owned and cordoned off. Please note the barrier.
Update: March 17, 2021
Getting thereObergurgl is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Gurgl:
- Parking garage (center of Obergurgl), chargeable | € 2,00/hour
- Parking garage - bottom station Festkogl, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Hochgurglbahn valley station, free of charge - no parking at night
- Parking Top Mountain Crosspoint, free of charge
- Parking Hochgurgl, free of charge (very small parking)
32T 654624 5192798
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view