In the meantime, children can let off steam at the adjacent snow playground.
Cross country lessons are offered by the Vent ski school: www.schischule-vent. com.
Safety informationMore details about cross country skiing in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/langlaufen
Tips and hintsMore details about cross country skiing in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/langlaufen
Getting thereVent is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking options are available in the mountaineering village Vent
- In wintertime only at the chairlift
Cost: € 5,00 per day/car
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Appropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, wind-, rain-, snow- and sun protection, hat and gloves is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is no hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.Cross-country skis - classic or skating skis, Cross country poles of suitable length, Cross country boots - precise fit, should give a firm grip and tight-fitting, Clothing - Functional underwear with long arms and legs, special running tights and tight pants, water repellent and breathable jacket recommended, Gloves should provide a firm grip and optimal stick guidance.
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross-country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.