NIEDERTHAI -> car park Sennhof -> Larstigalm -> KLEIN HORLACHALM
Distance 5.1 km
Highest point1,916 m
Lowest point1,540 m
The hike starts in Niederthai at the car park Sennhof. From there you follow the always slightly rising forest path along the Horlachbach into the Horlachtal. After about an hour you reach the Larstigalm and walk comfortably past it. The path leads up a little steeper and then flat on to a bridge. There you follow the path until you reach the Klein Horlachalm. From the starting point in Niederthai there are as an alternatively offer the two mountain trails Grastal and Bergmahderweg.
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the valley and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingIn Niederthai the following parking facilities are available:
- car park Sennhof | costs: € 5.00 per day
from 07:00 am - 18:30 pm
- car park in the hamlet Lehen (football field) | free
32T 649241 5221284
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentAppropriate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes for the weather, ankle-high walking boots, wind-, rain- & sun protection, hat, possibly gloves, is for all hikes and tours necessary. Please bring a first-aid box, a mobile phone, a walking map and if there is not hut on the way a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view