Variant 2 from Sautens: The starting point is the car park at the sports field at the end of Sautens. The trail will take a broad forest trail in the direction of Bärentalhütte. Afterwards, you take a fork over a hiking trail about 1.5 - 2 hours towards Maisalm. The trail is slightly ascending at first, then steeper before you come back on a wide forest path and follow it for about 30 minutes. After approx. 3 - 3,5 h total time you reach the Maisalm, where you can enjoy a fantastic view of the Inn valley!
Tips and hintsMore details about hiking In Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/wandern
Getting thereÖtztal Bahnhof is located in the western part of Austria in the state TYROL, in a southern side valley of the Inn valley - the ÖTZTAL. For your arrival by car, you can plan the best route from your home town with the route planner online at https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Ötztal Bahnhof:
- Parking Train station - subject to charges
- Ötztaler Höhe - free of charge
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves. It is also important to have enough food, as well as a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.