2,2 km long toboggan run from Ochsengarten/Sattele to Feldring Alm
Distance 2 km
Highest point1,882 m
Lowest point1,690 m
2,2 km long run from Sattele 1690 m above Ochsengarten down to Feldringalm 1888m (serviced, closed on Mon and Tue). Walking Time approx 1 h. Tobbogan rental at Feldringalm, no oncoming traffic, Sattele car parking - parking fee.
Perfect for Families!
Safety informationIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as outdoor clothing, weather-resistant outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and gloves. It is also important to have sufficient food and a first-aid package, a cell phone and a hiking map.
Tips and hintsMore details about tobogganing in Ötztal:
Getting thereOchsengarten is located in the West of Austria, more exactly in the province of TIROL. It is a south-facing side valley of the Inntal – the ÖTZTAL. Plan the quickest and easiest travel route from your home town to the Ötztal valley online with the Route Planner:
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Ochsengarten:
- Ochsengarten Large public parking - opposite, or next to the valley station Ochsengartenbahn
- Ochsengarten in the center vis á vis from our information office & Opposite the GH Bergland
- Ochsengarten at the end of the line, in the direction of Kühtai, at the school, above Ochsengarten - paid parking) at the Sattele starting point WI-Wandergebiet, or SU-Wanderwandergebiet Feldringalm
32T 645923 5232671
- Sturdy shoes with non-slip sole
- Helmet with ski goggles
- Warm, waterproof clothing
- Flashlight or headlamp for sledding at night
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view