- Toboggan rental at the cottage.
- On request transfer possible
Safety informationPlease note the current snow and avalanche situation report for the coming days:
https://www.oetztal.com/en/winter.html & https://avalanche.report/albina-web/bulletin/latest?lang=en
Please inform yourself about the conditions and status of the respective winter hiking trail at Ötztal Tourismus.
T +43 5 72 00 300
Tips and hintsMore details about winter hiking in Ötztal:
Getting thereThe drive to the ÖTZTAL
Arriving by car leads holidaymakers over the Inntal to the valley entrance and further along the Ötztal. In addition to the motorway can also be used on rural roads. With the route planner, your journey can be quickly and easily determined. To the route planner: https://www.google.at/maps
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Längenfeld:
Parking between Winklen and Unterried (starting point of the hike)
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentIt is recommended to wear hiking equipment such as breathable and weather-adapted outdoor clothing, ankle-high mountain boots, wind, rain and sun protection, cap and possibly gloves.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.