Adventurous bike tour into the Horlachtal till the Schweinfurter hut.
Distance 12.7 km
Starting point of the mountainb bike tour is the car park Sennhof (next to the inforamtion) in Niederthai. From there you follow the broad gravel trail towards Larstig Alm. Along the Horlachbach brook the more ascending roue continues to Schweinfurter Hut. Once arrived at the hut you can wnjoy culinary treats plus splendid vistas on the sunny terrace. You return the same trail. From Larstig Alm you follow the signposted Bergmahderweg trail to Niederthai, past the fire station and back to the parking space.
Update: December 06, 2021
Safety informationThe sometimes fairly stepps climbs and difficult downhill stretches require both sporty biking skills and defensive cycling. Good stamina and intermediate biking rechniques are an absolute must. Sporty and active (pleasure) cycling is the main priority.
Tips and hintsMore details about biking & cycling in Ötztal: https://www.oetztal.com/biken
Getting thereThe car drive to the Ötztal valley. Situated in Tirol, the Ötztal valley set off in southerly direction and is the longest side valley in the Eastern Alps. The journey with the car leads you through the Inntal valley to the entrance of the vallly and further on through the valley. Among the toll motorways you can also use the country roads. A route planner will show you the easiest and most convenient way: https://www.google.at/maps.
ParkingThe following parking facilities are available in Niederthai:
- carpark Sennhof, chargeable € 5,- per day
32T 649227 5221300
EquipmentApproproate equipment such as breathable suitable outdoor clothes fort he weather, helmet, gloves, glasses, GPS device or detailed maps. If there is no hut on the way please bring a snack and enough to drink.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view